Sunday, February 05, 2006

earth's heaven

Heaven on earth

I would have to blessed with an exceptionally long life if I were to even dream of completing my pilgrimage in the holy land af orrisa. I am a first time visitor slightly bewildered, thoroughly overwhelmed by the halo of the land. So I compromises (a delightful one) on doing the state’s golden triangle” ---- Bhuhaneswar, puri and Konark---for they offer the quickest, and indeed , most substantive ininerary to sample the sourrouding fare.

My first stop is the capital driving on Bhubaneshwar’s busting roads, soaring stone spires appear and re appear with rapid regularity.

Through many of its 500-odd exiting temples trace back their origins to interesting legends and historicity, the 11 century lingaraja temple is the biggest and most famous dedicated to shiva, the destroyer of the hindu trinity, the lingaraa complex encloses with in it serval smaller shrines it spills over with devotees and traditionally attired priest.



By SUMEET TIWARI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 microcephaly
microcephaly